Thursday, 24 September 2009

Food for the Soul....

It seems like everything is slowing down including the keypad as I am typing away right now. Maybe because i feel like a cold is going to hit me soon. I was thinking about the design for this pendant since 18 hours ago. Na and I were at our usual hangout Al Majlis Tearoom till almost midnight. I showed him the sketch of my double bat motif with Chalcedony, Pink Opal and Aquamarine. (Pale blue, pink and green). Not happy with the design, Na suggested I hold off the order I placed with B. THis morning, i woke up feeling unwell. (partly because i left the TV on & partly because of the design) I did not get any proper sleep as I was following the news the entire night. Got to work, read the papers at the cafeteria downstairs.: Headlines: HIV AIDS vaccine. " Oh didn't i hear that over the TV last nite?" Alas....I decided to abandon the bat motif and opt for something more symmetrical. 2 designs in 2 hours or so. The coffee power is not kicking in at all. And yes im babbling on.... On a lighter note, The 10th Annual World Gourmet Festival will is coming soon. It will be held at the Four Seasons on the 5th till the 11th. Here's a list of guest chefs visiting Bangkok..
  • David Kinch, Manresa Restaurant (two Michelin stars), Los Gatos, California, USA
  • David Thompson, Nahm Thai Restaurant (one Michelin star), London, UK
  • Christine Manfield, Universal Restaurant, Sydney, Australia
  • Mohammed Fedal, Dar Moha, Marrakesh, Morocco
  • Luke Dale-Roberts, La Colombe, Cape Town, South Africa
  • Fulvio Siccardi, Ristorante Conti Roero (one Michelin star), Monticello d’Alba, Italy
  • Francois Payard, Payard Patisserie, New York, New York, USA
  • Michael Ginor, Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Ferndale, New York, USA
  • Graham Elliott, Graham Elliott Restaurant, Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Kazumi Sawada, Banreki-Ryukodo (one Michelin star), Tokyo, Japan
  • Carla Pernambuco, Carlota, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ok i hightlighted the ones i am quite interested to check out. Images of Ristorante Conti Roero (one Michelin star) taken via here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails