Monday, 5 October 2009

Latest: Color Induced Pink Diamonds...

Colored Diamonds are rare.. Red being the rarest of all. And of course, intense pink too...Recent news from Gemological Institute of America(GIA) reported an examination of a large fancy vivid orangy pink (8.44 carat) diamond. And yet another new treatment found. Induced with nitrogen and subsequently the diamond was treated oder HPHT (high pressure high temperature) annealing and irradiation and then annealing at low temperatures again.



This is the fancy vivid organgy pink diamond examined at the GIA New York. 8.44 carat.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked pink color diamond.This color is my favorite.I also liked Wittelsbach blue.I want to make some jewelry of this.Can you share about jewelry design that use these.I am fond of collecting and wearing the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails