Monday, 22 February 2010

COLOR COMBINATION!
























I love going through fashion magazines and blogs like Couture Carrie for Color inspiration. Dresses and handbags especially allows me to get instant ideas for my jewelry designs. It;s a great way to communicate your color ideas to your customers too. Email them a dress or a handbag of colors. This dress above screams out: TOURMALINE!



http://www.mineralminers.com/html/twmm136e.jpg
image via wiki
Tourmaline, a semi-precious stone comes in many colors similar to what you see above! . Typically, pinks, reds, purple, green, brown, etc. I am drawn to those dusty, dull pink with a tinge of brown....... Tourmaline, along with sapphires is possibly what I will be using for my next project. A pendant/ Brooch with diamonds on a strand of pearls. The lady fancies ochre/purple,pink,green, clear translucent: a mix of stones.






For the pastels, I typically use translucent Aquamarine, Chalcedony, Pink Opal, Coral, Turquoise, Moonstone or even sapphires. Cabochon translucent to opaque sapphires can be in pastel shades too.: Somewhat milky in appearance. And it's the many inclusions in the stone that helps create that milky look. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails