Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Days in a vault


It has been half a month of work in a vault. I am getting use to the stale air, plain concrete walls, having to get through 4 doors each time i go to the toilet, a vault bigger than my apartment. And when lunch time approaches, I really appreciate the fresh air outside, the basking sunlight-it cheers me up! It's not as dreadful but I do miss the office, my co-workers whom I hardly had time to bond with from the time i started till the time I was sent off to work at the airport. Nonetheless, working in the vault has been quite an experience. Got to see some exotic, rare gems we acquired. Zultanite is one of them. Thanks to my instructor at GIA who is now my co-worker, he pointed out the unqiness of this gem. Zultanite is mined only in Turkey, up in the Anatolian Mountains. Its most interesting characteristic is its color change phenomena. And and unlike other color change gemstone, zultanite can change from canary yellow, to a cognac pink, or even to a kiwi color. Many more to come!!!! image from zultanite.com






1 comment:

  1. Although I love wearing gems and I have some in my jewelry collection but I do not know about the qualities of some of them.I loved the wittlesbach blue colored Zultanite.Now i need to find a jeweler who make me a jewelry of this.Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails